Nagrada Blažo Mirčevski
PhD student at the Department of Software Engineering
School of Electrical Engineering, University of Belgrade
Vuk Batanović was born in 1987 in Belgrade, Serbia. In 2010 he received a Bachelor’s degree and in 2011 a Master’s degree from the School of Electrical Engineering, University of Belgrade. Since 2012 Mr. Batanović; has been a PhD student at the Department of Software Engineering of the same School.
His main field of research is natural language processing (NLP), particularly the processing of minor and under-resourced languages like Serbian. He is currently mostly interested in semantic tasks such as sentiment analysis and semantic similarity, especially on the level of short texts. His research interests also include distributional semantics, morphological normalization, multilingual NLP solutions, and (deep) machine learning.
Mr. Batanović has participated in the Regional Linguistic Dataset Initiative (ReLDI), a two-year institutional partnership between research units in Switzerland, Serbia and Croatia, funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation under the SCOPES program (Scientific co-operation between Eastern Europe and Switzerland). He is also participating in the bilateral Serbian-Slovenian research project “Open Information Extraction for the Slovenian and the Serbian Language”.
He is a reviewer for the Decision Support Systems and the IEEE Access journals, and a member of the Special Interest Group on Slavic Natural Language Processing of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL SIGSLAV).
More detailed information is available on the website http://vukbatanovic.github.io
· Vuk Batanović, Boško Nikolić: Sentiment Classification of Documents in Serbian: The Effects of Morphological Normalization, in Proceedings of the 24th Telecommunications Forum (TELFOR 2016), Belgrade, Serbia (2016), DOI: 10.1109/TELFOR.2016.7818923
· Vuk Batanović, Boško Nikolić, Milan Milosavljević: Reliable Baselines for Sentiment Analysis in Resource-Limited Languages: The Serbian Movie Review Dataset, in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2016), Portorož, Slovenia, pp. 2688-2696 (2016)
· Vuk Batanović, Dragan Bojić: Using Part-of-Speech Tags as Deep-Syntax Indicators in Determining Short-Text Semantic Similarity, Computer Science and Information Systems, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 1-31 (2015), DOI: 10.2298/CSIS131127082B
· Vuk Batanović, Dragan Bojić: Evaluation and Classification of Syntax Usage in Determining Short-Text Semantic Similarity, Telfor Journal vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 64-68 (2014), DOI: 10.5937/telfor1401064B
· Vuk Batanović, Dragan Bojić: Evaluacija i klasifikacija korišćenja sintaksnih informacija u određivanju semantičke sličnosti kratkih tekstova, in Proceedings of the 21st Telecommunications Forum (TELFOR 2013), Belgrade, Serbia, pp. 821-824 (2013), DOI: 10.1109/TELFOR.2013.6716356
· Bojan Furlan, Vuk Batanović, Boško Nikolić: Semantic similarity of short texts in languages with a deficient natural language processing support, Decision Support Systems, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 710-719 (2013), DOI: 10.1016/j.dss.2013.02.002
· Vuk Batanović, Bojan Furlan, Boško Nikolić: Softverski sistem za određivanje semantičke sličnosti kratkih tekstova na srpskom jeziku, in Proceedings of the 19th Telecommunications Forum (TELFOR 2011), Belgrade, Serbia, pp. 1249-1252 (2011), DOI: 10.1109/TELFOR.2011.6143778
· Dražen Drašković, Vuk Batanović, Boško Nikolić: Sofverski sistem za učenje ekspertskih sistema, in Proceedings of the 18th Telecommunications Forum (TELFOR 2010), Belgrade, Serbia, pp. 1129-1132 (2010)