Nagrada Blažo Mirčevski
Georgia D. Ntouni
- PhD candidate, Wireless Communications Systems Group (WCSG), Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- R&D engineer in Intracom Telecom.
Georgia D. Ntouni was born in 1989 in Patras, Greece and received the Diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Patras, Greece, in 2012. She worked as a research assistant for the National Technical University of Athens, Greece in 2013 focusing on wireless communication of biomedical implant systems. Since January 2014, she is working towards her PhD thesis under the supervision of Prof. George K. Karagiannidis in Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece, which she is expected to defend in October 2018. Her research interests include molecular and nanoscale communications, optimization of multicarrier systems, wireless communication theory as well as digital signal processing techniques for communication systems.
During her PhD studies, she has received the best paper award on communication systems in the international conference MOCAST 2017 and was an exemplary reviewer for IEEE Communication Letters for 2016 (top 3%). Moreover, she has received a fellowship of excellence for postgraduate studies in Greece from the State Scholarships Foundation (IKY) during 2015-2017, while she has also been a scholar of Alexander Onassis Foundation since 2017. Finally, she is co-author of two chapters in the books entitled "Basics on the Theory of Fading Channels and Diversity" and "Sensing Principles for Biomedical Telemetry", respectively, and has served as a reviewer in various scientific journals and conferences.
• G. D. Ntouni, A. E. Paschos, V. M. Kapinas, G. K. Karagiannidis, and L. J. Hadjileontiadis, “Optimal detector design for molecular communication systems using an improved swarm intelligence algorithm,” IET Micro & Nano Letters, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 383-388, Mar. 2018
• G. D. Ntouni, V. M. Kapinas, and G. K. Karagiannidis, "Optimization of the detection process timing in molecular communication systems with flow," in Proc. Telecommunication Forum (TELFOR), pp. 1-4, Belgrade, Serbia, Nov. 2017
• G. D. Ntouni, V. M. Kapinas, and G. K. Karagiannidis, “On the optimal tone spacing for interference mitigation in OFDM-IM systems,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 1019-1022, May 2017
• G. D. Ntouni and G. K. Karagiannidis, “Comparison of amplitude detection techniques for passive receivers in molecular communications,”in Proc. International Conference on Modern Circuits and System Technologies (MOCAST), pp. 1-4, Thessaloniki, Greece, May 2017
• G. D. Ntouni, V. M. Kapinas, and G. K. Karagiannidis, “On the optimal timing of detection in molecular communication systems,” in Proc. International Conference on Telecommunications (ICT), pp. 1-5, Limassol, Cyprus, May 2017
• V. G. Ataloglou, G. D. Ntouni, V. M. Kapinas, and G. K. Karagiannidis, “A low-complexity detector for BPPM systems under additive Gaussian mixture noise,” IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 50-53, Feb. 2017
• S. G. Domouchtsidis, G. D. Ntouni, V. M. Kapinas, and G. K. Karagiannidis, “OFDM-IM vs FQAM: A comparative analysis,” in Proc. International Conference on Telecommunications (ICT), pp. 1-5, Thessaloniki, Greece, May 2016
• P. D. Diamantoulakis, G. D. Ntouni, K. N. Pappi, G. K. Karagiannidis, and B. S. Sharif, “Throughput maximization in multicarrier wireless powered relaying networks,” IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 385-388, Aug. 2015
• G. D. Ntouni, A. S. Lioumpas, and K. S. Nikita, "Reliable and energy-efficient communications for wireless biomedical implant systems," IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 1848-1856, Nov. 2014
• G. D. Ntouni, A.-A. A. Boulogeorgos, D. S. Karas, T. A. Tsiftsis, F. Foukalas, V. M. Kapinas, and G. K. Karagiannidis, "Inter-band carrier aggregation in heterogeneous networks: Design and assessment," in Proc.International Symposium on Wireless Communications Systems (ISWCS), pp. 842-847, Barcelona, Spain, Aug. 2014